Information
Lakeside
  • Kuroda Memorial Hall has been closed due to the earthquake-proof construction.
    It will be open again on January 2nd , 2015(Fri.). The calendar will follow that of the Tokyo National Museum, and will be open six days a week. The special room will be newly made to exhibit Kuroda’s representative works; ”Reading”(1891), “Maiko”(1893), ‘Wisdom, Impression and Sentiment”(1899) and “Lakeside”(1897). It will be open three times a year, two weeks each; January, in Spring and Autumn.
History of Kuroda Memorial Hall
When Kuroda Seiki, often considered the father of modern Western-style painting in Japan, died in 1924, he bequeathed a portion of his estate to be used for the furtherment of art. With this bequest, the Kuroda Memorial Hall was formed in 1928. …more
Guide
  • Kuroda Memorial Hall has been closed due to the earthquake-proof construction.
  • Open: Thursday and Saturday,
     13:00-16:00 :open
  • Closed: national holidays, summer closing, christmas & new year closing
  • Admission: free
  • Address: 13-43 Ueno-Park, Taito-ku, Tokyogoogle maps
  • Access:
    JR: Ten-minute walk from Ueno or Uguisudani Station
    Keisei Train: Twenty-minute walk from Ueno Station
    Subway:
    - ten-minute walk from Ueno Station (Ginza line/Hibiya line)
    - fifteen-minute walk from Nezu Station (Chiyoda line)
  • Tel: 03-3823-4829
     (National Research Institute for Cultural Properties, Tokyo)
JR: Ten-minute walk from Ueno or Uguisudani Station
Subway:
- ten-minute walk from Ueno Station (Ginza line/Hibiya line)
- fifteen-minute walk from Nezu Station (Chiyoda line)
©Independent Administrative Institution National Research Institute for Cultural Properties, Tokyo / Tokyo National Museum